If you're planning on celebrating the Fourth of July weekend with fireworks, here's when you can use them.
Inside Bonney Lake city limits:
Fireworks can be used:
- between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. on July 3
- between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight on July 4
- between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. on July 5
It is unlawful for any person to discharge fireworks on the property of another without permission. It is unlawful for any person to discharge fireworks in a public park unless a written permit has been obtained from the city. It is unlawful for any person to discharge fireworks on city property that is not a park without the express written permission of the city.
Inside Sumner city limits:
- Fireworks may be discharged only on July 4 from noon to midnight.
- Fireworks may be sold June 28 at noon through July 4 at 9 pm.
- No one under the age of 16 years may possess or discharge any fireworks unless directly supervised by a responsible adult.
- Discharge of fireworks is not allowed on City property including parks and parking lots.
- Discharge of fireworks on someone else’s property without the owner’s permission is not allowed.
In unicorporated Pierce County:
Fireworks can be discharged on private property, with permission during the following dates and times:
- June 29 through July 3 from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- July 4, from 9 a.m. to midnight
- July 5, from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Legal only on tribal land: Firecrackers, bottle rockets, missiles and rockets