AUGUST 8, 2012
- An officer on patrol at Allen Yorke Park noticed three teens climbing up the baseball backstop near the park bathrooms. He told them to get down and one of the teens got confrontational. The officer smelled beer on his breath and he was cited for minor in possession of alcohol.
- A resident on 192nd Ave. E. reported that her mailbox had been rifled through and a birthday card to her son had been opened and resealed. It was from her mother -- she had sent some cash for her grandson as a gift. The cash was missing.
AUGUST 10, 2012
- A man was arrested at Wal-Mart for robbery and assault after he attempted to steal two cell phone cases from the store. Loss prevention officers tried to grab him and he fought against them and ended up head-butting one of the employees.
AUGUST 11, 2012
- A woman reported that her boyfriend punched a hole in her wall on Meyers Road after they got into an argument. He denied it but was cited for domestic violence/malicious mischief. The next day, the woman stopped by the BLPD station and said she is the one who kicked the hole in her wall and had attacked him. She was cited for malicious mischief and false reporting.
AUGUST 12, 2012
- Police responded to a domestic violence call on 97th St. E. The male resident reported that he was fighting with his girlfriend but that it was just verbal. An hour later the man called officers again and said his girlfriend drove her car into his closed garage door. He was covered in bite marks and bruises. The woman was arrested for domestic violence.
- A resident reported that his license plate was stolen from his vehicle and replaced with another car’s plate. He said he realized it when he went to get the tabs renewed and the dates didn’t match up. He had been driving with mismatched plates for over a year.
AUGUST 13, 2012
- A work crew reported that their weed trimmer was stolen while working on a construction job on 60th St. E.
- A woman shopping at Goodwill reported that her purse was stolen from her parked car, plus some recently purchased merchandise and registration papers. She had left her vehicle unlocked and the drivers side window was left open.
AUGUST 15, 2012
- A resident at a home on Locust Ave. reported that someone stabbed her above-ground swimming pool and damaged it with rocks. The swimming pool is visible from the street and could have been a random act of vandalism.