It’s Friday and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Bonney Lake - Sumner Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-with-work-get-me-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new establishments to explore.
- Where/When: 7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Fri, June 24 at in Bonney Lake.
- Why Go: If a little live music and wine is what you're after this Friday night, you wont have to travel very far to get it. Local musician Phil Hanson will be finger picking his acoustic guitar at D&W Wine Cellars all night long. Not sure what to expect from Phil? Check out this YouTube clip of him in action to get a feel of what you're in for.
- Pricing: No cover.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. Fri, June 24 at .
- Why Go: Do your part to hit a hole in one in the fight against cancer at the third annual tournament for Relay for Life this Friday at Sumner Meadows Golf Links. This is all for a great cause, so get out on the links and enjoy the day of golf. Then, stick around for dinner and the awards ceremony.
- Cost: $80 per golfer (includes dinner) or $20 for dinner only.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. weekly on Saturdays at .
- Why Go: Dealing with plant or garden drama? Don't give up just yet, visit Windmill Gardens and see if one of the WSU Pierce County Master Gardeners can help figure out what you need to do at this free weekly gardening clinic. Feel free to bring along plant samples to be identified or diagnosed.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Sat, June 25; start at the .
- Why Go: You may walk through downtown Sumner every day, but do you really know the story behind this historic part of town? Join the Summer Downtown Association for a walk through time and learn all about the good ol' days and how things used to be.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Sun, June 26 at the Puyallup Fair Grounds.
- Why Go: The Tour de Pierce is a summer bicycle ride through central Pierce County for fitness, fun, promoting bicycle awareness and safety. The ride begins in the Gold Parking lot of the Puyallup Fairgrounds and winds through Puyallup, Sumner and adjacent farm lands. A rest stop at McAlder Elementary School, south of Sumner, will offer light refreshments, entertainment and restrooms for riders.
- Cost: Day of event: $17.00 per person; Family of four: $51.00
Still want more? Check out our family-friendly , refreshed every Wednesday.