AUGUST 16, 2012
- The manager of Albertsons contacted police to report that he was reviewing surveillance footage, which caught an unknown woman stealing a bottle of liquor from the store. She had not been caught and officers are investigating.
AUGUST 17, 2012
- Chief Dana Powers and another officer were on foot patrol at Allan Yorke Park during Bonney Lake Days and came upon three young men smoking marijuana in the woods near the skate park. They handed over their marijuana and admitted to smoking after skateboarding.
- A man was arrested for an outstanding warrant after he was spotted in the beer garden at Bonney Lake Days. He was there with his young son and the officer found him in the park, called his mother and asked her to come pick him up because his father had to go to jail.
AUGUST 19, 2012
- A resident on 198th Ave. Ct. E. reported that his girlfriend’s son had stolen many of his items and sold them at area pawn shops. He had stolen some jewelry, plus a wedding ring. The suspect pawned the man’s bicycle and he had to pay to get it out of pawn. The man just left rehab for drug use. He was arrested for theft.
- A man reported that he saw a suspicious vehicle park at his neighbor’s house on 113th St. E. and saw two men walk down the driveway and attempted to steal a mini motorcycle. The caller confronted the men and told them he was calling police. One of the suspects threw the mini motorcycle down and left. Police attempted to speak to the owner of the bike but he wasn’t home; no suspects were located.
- A resident on 192nd Ave. E. called 9-11 and hung up. Dispatch called back and the woman who answered said it was a misdial but she sounded upset, like she had been crying. There was a male voice in the background and she had a restraining order on file against her boyfriend. Police arrived and she said he wasn’t there, but they heard a crash in the back of the house and found her boyfriend in the bushes. He fell out of a window in an attempt to get away. She said there has been abuse in the past and they were fighting that night because he was drunk. He was arrested for violating his restraining order.
- Police responded to a possible domestic assault in the 5000 block of South Island Drive E. They pulled over the suspect car and a man attempted to exit the car from the passenger side. Police searched him and found a Tupperware container with small plastic baggies inside of it. One of the baggies had methamphetamine inside of it. The man said it wasn’t his and he was just holding it for a friend. He was listed as a missing/endangered person and told police his parents reported him missing but he had just gone camping and since returned home. Officers cleared his name from the missing persons list and he was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance.
AUGUST 20, 2012
- A resident on 184th Ave. E. reported a domestic dispute at his residence. He said that his son’s girlfriend was upset that he wouldn’t let her use his van and wouldn’t stop yelling. Police arrived and confirmed the argument was only verbal. The reporting party said he called police because he was tired of her yelling and wanted civility.
AUGUST 21, 2012
- A woman reported that she left her purse in a Walmart shopping cart. The purse was recovered but $340 in cash was missing.
- A real estate agent reported that an empty house on 210th Ave. E was broken into. Someone threw a rock through the window. There was nothing missing from the house and no one was there.
- A resident on South Vista Drive E. reported that her Jeep was broken into while parked outside her house. A GPS, CD visor and cell phone charger were stolen.