JULY 3, 2012
- A man was arrested at Wal-Mart for trying to fraudulently return a Hello Kitty CD organizer and matching vehicle floor mats. He had a receipt with like items on it, walked around the store and grabbed the items and lied to the employee to get money for them. He was arrested and charged with theft.
JULY 5, 2012
- A woman reported that her husband’s wallet was stolen out of the vehicle parked outside their residence on 197th Ave. E. The car had not been locked and nothing else was stolen.
JULY 6, 2012
- An employee at Trappers Sushi called police to report that someone broke into his truck while parked outside the restaurant, smashed in his window and stole an iPod Touch. While police were investigating, another person approached them to say his car got broken into as well while he was eating at the restaurant. The front drivers window was smashed and the suspect stole his iPod Touch and iPhone from the center console.
- Police responded to a residence on 191st Ave. Ct. E. for a report of a domestic assault. The man said that his girlfriend has a drinking problem and attacked him while she was drunk. Police found her passed out on the couch and unresponsive; she was transported to a hospital by East Pierce Fire & Rescue and charges of domestic violence were filed against her.
- Police responded to a commercial burglary at Jiffy Lube. Three windows of the business had been shattered with rocks found nearby. Nothing was stolen and the owner believed it was the work of a disgruntled ex-employee.
JULY 7, 2012
- A man reported that the rear window of his truck had been smashed out while it was parked outside the Bonney Lake Tavern. His briefcase with a laptop computer inside was stolen, along with his checkbook.
- A man reported that a flashlight and five dollars in change were stolen from his vehicle, parked outside his house on 188th Ave. E. There was no sign of forced entry or damage to the car.
- A man housesitting for his neighbor on 181st Ave. E. reported that when he walked over to get the daily paper, he noticed that his neighbor’s car tires had been punctured and deflated. There was nothing missing from the car.
- A man was arrested for shoplifting from Albertson’s and Safeway. He stole chewing tobacco, anti-histamine medication and other items.
JULY 8, 2012
- A citizen flagged down police at Allan Yorke Park to report that several vehicles were blocking the overflow parking lot so several vehicles couldn’t leave. There was traffic backed up around the parking lot. The officer made an announcement over his speaker and got several individuals to move their vehicles. One vehicle was towed.
- Police responded to a gravel parking lot near the 8000 block of Meyers Road for a report of damage to a vehicle parked there overnight. The vehicle was for sale and the drivers side window had been smashed out with a rock, and the review mirrors were damaged. It appeared nothing had been stolen from the car.
JULY 9, 2012
- Police responded to a residence on 78th St. Ct. E. on report of harassment. Two young boys on bikes got into a fight and a black Labrador owned by one of the boys bit the other in the leg. Both boys are developmentally disabled and were upset over teasing. Police intervened and, with the parents, made the boys apologize. Animal Control spoke with the parent regarding the incident with the dog.
JULY 10, 2012
- Two teens were caught smoking marijuana in the wooded area near the skate park. There was a little league baseball game going on and the police officer reminded them to set a good example. They were picked up by their parents and charges were forwarded to Remann Hall.
- A witness reported four subjects loitering around the parking lot of the Good Samaritan Medical Pavilion parking lot and looking into the windows of parked cars. Police spoke with the group, who said they were there waiting to find out the sex of the unborn child of one of the men. The other man and two women had met him in the parking lot to wait with him. Two of the man’s friends were arrested for outstanding warrants.
- A man was arrested for domestic violence after beating up his girlfriend in a van on 207th Ave. E. The couple live in their van and a nearby resident heard them fighting. The woman had injuries on her face and at first she told police that the marks were from chemicals exploding in her face, but broke down and told them the truth. The car was impounded.
JULY 11, 2012
- A man was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital after a physical fight with his dad. The family told police they thought the 23-year-old was having complications from a drug overdose and believed he was Jesus Christ.
- A man was arrested for attempted theft and his friend trespassed from Wal-Mart after loss prevention caught them trying to steal from the electronics department. One of the men hid a cell phone in his sock and it appeared his friend was acting as lookout.
- Police arrested a man for shoplifting at Wal-Mart. He attempted to conceal a bottle of cologne and work boots in his backpack. He was arrested for theft and an outstanding warrant.