AUGUST 10, 2012
- A resident on the 6400 block of 158th Ave. E. reported that some kind of explosive had been placed in her mailbox and it was blown to pieces. Police found the remnants of a sparkler bomb in the front yard. She said her mailbox was targeted on the 4th of July too and that she had a teenage son. She said she would speak with him to see if she could find any more information. A neighbor’s mailbox was also damaged but was still usable.
AUGUST 11, 2012
- Police responded to a vehicle in a ditch on the 16400 block of 64th St. Two women and a man were at the scene and the male driver admitted he was drunk. His T-shirt was soaked with beer. He told police he thought he hit someone in the street who didn’t stop – witnesses confirmed they heard a scream and saw a man limping away from the scene. He also hit a city road sign. The injured man was not found and the man was arrested for DUI.
AUGUST 14, 2012
- A 17-year-old reported that another teen smashed his car window at the skate park. They argued at McDonald’s first, when the suspect and his friends started horsing around and the caller told them to stop. Later, the teen was turning around in the skate park parking lot and the suspect stood in front of his car. He told police he got scared and drove past him at a high rate of speed, and at that time the other teen threw a cup of liquid at his car and punched his window, breaking it. Police charged the suspect with malicious mischief and also charged the caller with reckless driving.
- A 29-year-old man called 9-11 from the skate park and threatened to commit suicide by jumping in front of a train. Police found him near the train tracks and he was voluntarily committed to a hospital for evaluation.
- A woman was arrested for shoplifting at WINCO. She struggled with the loss prevention officer before police arrived to grab her purse, which had pepper spray inside of it. She denied attempting to pepper spray the employee and was trespassed from WINCO. She asked to be transported to the hospital because she said she injured her head in the struggle.