AUGUST 24, 2012
- Police responded to a burglary in progress at a residence on Pacific Ave. They arrived to find a woman detained by neighbors. The 42-year-old woman told officers she was there to borrow some tools from the resident and had used his bathroom. Police contacted the resident, who said he had been in his yard a couple weeks prior and she had approached him and asked to use his tools. He told her no. It was apparent to police she was curious about the apartment and entered unlawfully through an unlocked door. The woman was cited with trespassing and wouldn’t answer any questions about what she was doing there.
SEPT. 1, 2012
- An officer was on the 4600 block of E. Valley Highway when he noticed a vehicle speeding and drifting around the roadway. The officer began following the car and the vehicle collided with a parked Nissan Pathfinder. The female driver was arrested for DUI, hit and run of an unattended vehicle, failure to obey a police officer and was cited for speeding.
- A residence on 47th St. Ct. E. was burglarized while the homeowners were out of town. A neighbor noticed their garden gate was open, the latch sheared off with bolt cutters. A window had been smashed and jewelry appeared to be missing from the home.
SEPT. 2, 2012
- An officer was on the 4600 block of E. Valley Highway when he observed a vehicle traveling slowly down the road with it’s highbeams on. It had been reported as a stolen vehicle. The driver said he had no idea where he was and the car belonged to his friend. There was a package in the backseat belonging to the registered owner of the vehicle. The man was arrested for possession of stolen property and for another warrant.
SEPT. 3, 2012
- The owners of A Picket Fence on Main Street caught a woman stealing candles from the store. She admitted she had cash in her purse to purchase them but didn’t want to spend money. She was trespassed from the store and cited for theft.
SEPT. 5, 2012
- Officers responded to a residence on 16th St. E. The caller said she had gotten in a fight with her brother and he had strangled her. He told officers he had been called to the house because his sister said his father overdosed on drugs. He found him to be OK and they argued about how to handle the situation but he denied strangling her. He was arrested for assault.