JULY 27, 2012
- A golfer at Sumner Meadows reported that his car was broken into while he was on the course. His briefcase, some clothing and anniversary gifts for his wife were stolen from the car.
- A construction worker said that two disgruntled ex-employees yelled vulgar obscenities and threats at him from their cars parked across the street while he walked to his car from work. One of the men was either making a gun with his hand or was actually pointing a gun at him. He said the two employees were fired two years ago and constantly make union complaints against the company. Police followed up but couldn’t find any crime had been committed so the case was filed upon further information.
JULY 30, 2012
- A Winco employee’s car was stolen from the parking lot while he was at work. It was recovered in Bonney Lake on Meyers Road two days later.
JULY 31, 2012
- A man was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital after he smashed a window and broke a coffee cup in his parents’ apartment on Elm Street. He is schizophrenic and familiar to the police from previous calls. He stated that he missed his girlfriend and kids, but hasn’t seen his ex in years and has no children. He accused one of the officers of setting him up with a gun and asked to be taken to jail. He was charged with domestic violence malicious mischief and destruction of property.
AUGUST 1, 2012
- Police were dispatched to the Sumner Laundramat for a report of assault. A man was walking to his mother’s house nearby with his son when he saw his sister and her boyfriend standing nearby. He took a swing at his sister’s boyfriend and missed. Charges of disorderly conduct were filed.
- A witness called police to report he was following a red Mustang that appeared to be driving all over the road on 24th St. Then, the female driver pulled over on the side of the road near the bridge on 142nd Ave. and started vomiting. The woman had a cut over her right eye, was drunk and crying. She said her fiancée hit her in Bonney Lake and that’s why she was upset. She was charged with DUI and a Bonney Lake officer came to collect a domestic violence report against her fiancée, but the woman changed her story and wouldn’t give any more information.