AUGUST 25, 2012
- An officer was traveling eastbound on 64th St. and noticed a vehicle in front of his car driving along the shoulder and swerving back into the lane of travel. He was arrested for DUI and was also cited for failing to transfer a vehicle title.
- Officers responded to the Bottoms Up Bar and Grill for a report of two unwanted men who were drunk and refused to leave. The officer told the men to sit on the curb and one man refused. He was tackled down and struggled against restraint and the officer had to tase him to get him into handcuffs. He had brass knuckles in his pocket. The men said they walked to the bar because they weren’t looking for trouble that night. Both men were trespassed indefinitely from the bar and the one man was arrested for resisting arrest.
AUGUST 26, 2012
- A Sumner officer responded to an intoxicated driver on the 6500 block of 166th Ave. A Pierce County Sheriff’s deputy called it in and said he was following a white car facing north in the southbound lane. Another motorist had stopped and pushed the car to the side of the road with the driver still inside. The driver said he was fine, but fell out of the car. He was arrested for DUI. All the way to jail, he kept apologizing to the officer and said he was worried his mother would be mad at him.
AUGUST 27, 2012
- Residents at a mobile home in Rainier Mobile Manor reported that their home had been burglarized while they were out of town. Money, jewelry and other household items were stolen, plus prescribed medications.
AUGUST 29, 2012
- A Fred Meyer loss prevention employee reported that a minor suspect had stolen four bottles of hard alcohol from the store. He set off the store alarms and walked through them to his bike, which he rode to the housing development close by. He broke a bottle of Patron outside the store. Officers caught up with him and he was arrested for minor in possession of alcohol and theft. He was trespassed from Fred Meyer.