DEC. 1, 2012
- Stolen Car, Property: At approximately 8:50 p.m. an officer was on routine patrol when he located an occupied stolen vehicle driving through a parking lot. The officer tried to get behind the vehicle to confirm the plate number was correct. The vehicle then took off and did a series of evasive moves trying to ditch the officer. Within moments, the vehicle was found abandoned. Inside the vehicle was property that didn’t belong to the registered owner. A black Harley Davidson leather jacket, cell phone, lap top computer and a wallet containing the possible suspect’s identification were located in the vehicle.
DEC. 2, 2012
- DUI: Just before 2 a.m. an officer running radar on the 2100 block of East Valley Highway and pulled a car over for speeding. The male driver admitted he had been drinking at the Log Cabin and was arrested for DUI. He was over double the legal limit.
DEC. 8, 2012
- Assault: At about 2 a.m. Sumner officers were dispatched to a report of a large fight at the Bottomz Up bar. They walked in to find a group of people surrounding one woman, who was crying and bleeding from her ear. She said a man she did not know hit her in the face and tackled her to the ground, ripping out her earring. Police found the man running away toward the train tracks and told police he had just fought two men. He was booked on charges of fourth-degree assault.
DEC. 9, 2012
- False Reporting: Officers responded to a report of a man who was allegedly pistol whipped outside ampm and had his cell phone stolen. Investigation revealed that the victim story didn’t exactly add up. He eventually told police that he lied to his mom about getting beaten up and robbed at gunpoint because he didn’t want her to know he was at a smoke shop.
DEC. 10, 2012
- Commercial Burglary: A warehouse under construction on the 3700 block of 150th Ave. Ct. E. was burglarized sometime overnight. It appeared that someone entered the warehouse, hot wired a forklift and pried off the lock of a storage container inside, stealing about $7,000 worth of equipment.
DEC. 11, 2012
- Stolen Purse: A woman reported that her purse was stolen from Roach Gymnastics, after she forgot it on the bleachers while she went to place her grandchild in the car.