Come join residents from all over Pierce County as we clean up our local parks! Events are scheduled all around Pierce County for Parks Appreciation Day, including in Bonney Lake! For more information see the Metro Parks website: www.metroparkstacoma.org/.
Bonney Lake volunteers will meet in the same location again for 2012, at the WSU Forest entrance behind Fred Meyer & Regal Cinemas (same location as last year), on the South side of SR 410 between S Prairie Rd and 214th Ave E.
For more information contact Facilities & Special Projects Manager Gary Leaf or Special Events Coordinator David Wells.
WHAT IS IT
• Parks and recreation programs bring tremendous benefits to people of all ages and our community.
• They contribute to helping us live longer, better lives through active pursuits, new life skills, educational programs and safe activities.
• Great parks and programs also help build a stronger community, connecting individuals, families and groups through the power of play.
• Recreation programs and engaging, exciting facilities help keep kids active and off the streets. There are also benefits for the environment and the economy.
WHEN AND WHERE IS IT
• April 21, 2012 will be the 11th Year of the Event
• County-wide throughout Pierce County (find a site)
WHAT SHOULD I BRING
• Volunteers can help by wearing warm, appropriate clothes, depending on the weather.
• By bringing tools from their homes such as small hand tools, loppers, pruners, gloves, rakes, shovels, small pitch forks and even wheelbarrows (make sure and label them!).
• Volunteers are encouraged to carpool to the site they chose.
• Most of all bring your enthusiasm, smiles and be ready to burn some calories and have fun!
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING
• You can improve your community.
• You can help beautify your neighborhood park.
• You can get active and enhance your own health and well-being.
• You can help bring communities, businesses and neighborhoods together towards one common cause.
• You can increase family and children awareness of nature and their environment.
• You can make a difference, because together we can achieve more.