Updating a contract on water, storm and wastewater utility rates is one of the items on the Sumner City Council agenda tonight.
The meeting starts at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
In 2010, the city contracted with FCS Group to prepare a revenue rate study for the three utilities. Based on that study, the council chose a levelized approach to rate increases. Rate increases were needed because of capítal improvement projects.
City staff is recommending a contract with FCS Group to conduct an update of the plan for $31,570 . The results, including assumptions, findings and recommendations, will be brought back to council at a later date.
On the consent agenda tonight are
- East Valley Highway Resurfacing Bid Award for almost $1.26 million
- White River Trail Bid Award for about $332,000.
- Parker Road/Puyallup Watershed Culvert Improvements Bid Award for about $214,000.
- An agreement for Pierce County to restripe some Sumner streets for about $30,000.
- Business claims in the amount of almost $866,700.
A resolution on council rules also is listed on the agenda, along with reports by the council, city administrator and mayor.